Police hunt ‘cowardly’ car vandals
- Credit: Archant
THE actions of vandals who damaged a pair of parked cars in Sidford have been branded “cowardly” by police.
A green Land Rover was “keyed” in Warrens Mead between 9pm on Saturday, January 26, and 1.30pm on Sunday, January 27.
At the same time, two nearside tyres on a Peugeot 106 were damaged.
Police have appealed to the public for information that will help catch the culprits.
PCSO Alex Powe said: “This criminal damage is not acceptable and a cowardly act. Someone would have taken the time to damage these vehicles, which were parked on the road opposite the junction of Orchard Close.
You may also want to watch:
“I would ask anyone who may have seen any suspicious activity in this area between the stated times to call us with any information.”
In a separate incident between January 15 and 16, a blue Ford Focus was “keyed” in the Lower Brook Meadow are of Sidford.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 8 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 9 Local photographer captures the beauty of The Byes with his wildlife shots
- 10 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride
Contact police on 101, crime reference: KS/13/36.