Police hunt ‘cowardly’ car vandals
- Credit: Archant
THE actions of vandals who damaged a pair of parked cars in Sidford have been branded “cowardly” by police.
A green Land Rover was “keyed” in Warrens Mead between 9pm on Saturday, January 26, and 1.30pm on Sunday, January 27.
At the same time, two nearside tyres on a Peugeot 106 were damaged.
Police have appealed to the public for information that will help catch the culprits.
PCSO Alex Powe said: “This criminal damage is not acceptable and a cowardly act. Someone would have taken the time to damage these vehicles, which were parked on the road opposite the junction of Orchard Close.
You may also want to watch:
“I would ask anyone who may have seen any suspicious activity in this area between the stated times to call us with any information.”
In a separate incident between January 15 and 16, a blue Ford Focus was “keyed” in the Lower Brook Meadow are of Sidford.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 4 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 5 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 6 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 9 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 10 Vision Group awards recognise 'champions' who helped Sidmouth pull through lockdown
Contact police on 101, crime reference: KS/13/36.