Police hunt Sidmouth car vandal
POLICE are hunting prolific vandals who have damaged scores of cars in Stowford Rise, Sidmouth, over the course of a year.
Officers hope soon-to-be installed double yellow lines on the stretch of road near Waitrose will curb the problem after four vehicles were scratched in the last fortnight.
There have bee 13 separate incidents in the last year.
“It’s unusual to have that many in one area,” said Sergeant Andy Turner, “it is having an impact on our local community.
“We don’t know whether it’s a resident with a gripe about parking or if it’s someone unhappy about something else.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s all exactly the same thing where there were scratches to the side panelling of cars.
“We believe one or two people are responsible for a significant amount of damage. “It’s being treated as quite a serious crime. There is no specific pattern in time of day it occurs.”
- 1 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 2 Sidmouth Toy & Model Museum is a hit with Toto
- 3 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 4 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 5 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 6 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 7 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 8 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 9 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 10 Property of Week: North Street, Ottery St Mary
PS Turner revealed people have been identified but ruled out of officers’ enquiries. He asked resident to remain vigilant and to dial 999 if they see anything suspicious.
Anyone with information can contact PC Wallace or PCSO Powe at Sidmouth police station on 08452 777444, crime reference: KS/10/531, or ring Crimestoppers in confidence on 0800 55511.