Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for missing Sidmouth woman
- Credit: Archant
Search continues for missing Tanya Vickery, 30
Emergency services have been searching land and sea after a 30-year-old woman went missing in Sidmouth.
Police said Tanya Vickery, who is from the Sidmouth area, was last seen at approximately 10:40pm yesterday (Tuesday, February 7) on the Esplanade, near to The Marine pub, from where she made her way onto the beach and has not been seen since.
She is described as white, slim build, 5ft 5ins tall with black straight shoulder length hair. She was last seen wearing a white puffer jacket.
A spokesman said police are becoming increasingly concerned for her welfare.
You may also want to watch:
Police helicopter, officers and dog units searched the area last night.
Sidmouth Lifeboat and Sidmouth and Beer’s coastguard crews took the search to the water in the area between Alma beach and Big Picket rock. They stood down at 1.30am to return to the station while enquiries continue.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 8 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 9 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
Anyone who has seen Tanya or has any information that might assist police with their search is asked to call police on 101 and quote log 835 07022017.