‘Review your security’ as fuel thieves target East Devon
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A rise in fuel thefts in East Devon has prompted police to urge the public to keep an eye out for suspicious activity.
PCSO Jonathan Sims, from Ottery St Mary neighbourhood police team, said there had been an increase in incidents in isolated locations over the last few weeks.
He said that thieves are targeting horsebox lorries to steal fuel.
PCSO Sims said: "If you are a farmer/owner of horses please review your security.
"Consider putting up better lighting with motion sensors, CCTV and alarms.
You may also want to watch:
"Also avoid leaving your vehicles full of fuel.
"If you see persons acting suspiciously then please call 999 immediately."
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 8 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 9 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 10 Set aside a wild patch in your garden - better to watch than the television!