Police issue warning after pair of burglaries
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating after jewellery was stolen from two Sidmouth homes in a pair of burglaries during the last fortnight.
A property in Hillside Road was targeted between October 29 and November 5.
The thieves entered through an unsecured rear door, claiming jewellery and bank cards that have since been used fraudulently. The crime reference number is CR/120261/14.
A house in Broadway was targeted between noon and 1pm on November 10, when a rear PVC window was forced. Crime reference: CR/121306/14.
Anyone with information on either incident is asked to call the police on 101 and quote the relevant reference number.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are advising homeowners to keep their property safe as the dark nights draw in, Christmas approaches and the number of burglaries peak.
Advice includes securing windows and doors at all times, keeping keys out of sight and reach from windows or catflaps, and keeping Christmas presents out of view.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 5 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 6 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 7 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 8 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 9 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
They suggest fitting a security light at the front and rear of properties and security marking gifts and valuables.
And Sidmouth’s police team has asked to be informed if residents go away with dates, a contact phone number and the details of a key holder.
This can be sent to the Temple Street station or emailed to Sidmouth@devonandcornwall.pnn.police.uk