Police issue warning after pair of burglaries
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating after jewellery was stolen from two Sidmouth homes in a pair of burglaries during the last fortnight.
A property in Hillside Road was targeted between October 29 and November 5.
The thieves entered through an unsecured rear door, claiming jewellery and bank cards that have since been used fraudulently. The crime reference number is CR/120261/14.
A house in Broadway was targeted between noon and 1pm on November 10, when a rear PVC window was forced. Crime reference: CR/121306/14.
Anyone with information on either incident is asked to call the police on 101 and quote the relevant reference number.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are advising homeowners to keep their property safe as the dark nights draw in, Christmas approaches and the number of burglaries peak.
Advice includes securing windows and doors at all times, keeping keys out of sight and reach from windows or catflaps, and keeping Christmas presents out of view.
- 1 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 2 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 3 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 4 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 5 Business owners are asking 'has the Government done enough to help?'
- 6 Peninsula League season could be over
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways
- 9 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 10 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
They suggest fitting a security light at the front and rear of properties and security marking gifts and valuables.
And Sidmouth’s police team has asked to be informed if residents go away with dates, a contact phone number and the details of a key holder.
This can be sent to the Temple Street station or emailed to Sidmouth@devonandcornwall.pnn.police.uk