Police looking for abusive dog owner after pet attack
- Credit: Archant
Police are asking for help locating a man who a couple claim did nothing to stop his dog attacking their pet at a Sidmouth beauty spot.
The lady and gentleman were walking their spaniel on Mutters Moor on Sunday morning when they passed a cyclist with two collies.
Their pet suffered minor injuries in the attack, which they say the man did nothing to prevent, and he verbally abused them when they protested.
They claim the man rode off on his mountain bike and possibly returned to his vehicle, a bronze Volkswagen with a cycle rack.
The man is described as white, in his late fifties or early sixties, with grey, shoulder-length hair and a grey beard, and wearing jeans and grey, hooded top.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call the police on 101 and quote crime reference CR/075766/14.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 3 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 4 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 5 As fuel poverty bites we ask who cares for the carers?
- 6 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 7 Village panto group secures prestigious national award
- 8 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 9 East Devon affordable housing task force
- 10 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth