Police plea following Sidmouth GBH
- Credit: Archant
DETECTIVES have appealed for witnesses of an assault in Sidmouth that left a man with serious injuries.
The 53-year-old victim had to be taken to hospital following the incident of grievous bodily harm in Connaught Road on Tuesday, August 6.
He received cuts and bruises to his face, lumps on the back of his head and pain in his ribs.
The assault took place between 11.15pm and 11.30pm.
Detective Constable Paul Perryman, of Honiton CID, said a suspect believed to be involved in the incident had a ‘very distinctive’ red or orange ‘Mohican’ hair cut and was wearing a rainbow T-shirt.
You may also want to watch:
He has urged members of the public to come forward with information.
“The assault followed an incident in a pub where a suspect was asked to leave by the proprietor,” said Det Con Perryman.
- 1 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 2 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 3 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 4 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 5 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 6 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 7 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
- 8 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
Contact police on 101, crime reference: KS/13/438.
• A force spokesman said a 42-year old from Torquay was arrested, interviewed and released on bail until October.