Police plea following Sidmouth GBH
- Credit: Archant
DETECTIVES have appealed for witnesses of an assault in Sidmouth that left a man with serious injuries.
The 53-year-old victim had to be taken to hospital following the incident of grievous bodily harm in Connaught Road on Tuesday, August 6.
He received cuts and bruises to his face, lumps on the back of his head and pain in his ribs.
The assault took place between 11.15pm and 11.30pm.
Detective Constable Paul Perryman, of Honiton CID, said a suspect believed to be involved in the incident had a ‘very distinctive’ red or orange ‘Mohican’ hair cut and was wearing a rainbow T-shirt.
He has urged members of the public to come forward with information.
“The assault followed an incident in a pub where a suspect was asked to leave by the proprietor,” said Det Con Perryman.
- 1 Body of woman found near Sidmouth
- 2 Hospice at Home moves into new premises
- 3 Ottery St Mary - a shopping paradise
- 4 Retailers need to be on high alert against new scam
- 5 Photos: Sidmouth's latest cliff collapses caught on camera
- 6 Property of the Week: Heaven's Gate, Ottery St Mary
- 7 A flying visit to a bird reserve and a view on Sidmouth's charity shops - Toto's latest woofings...
- 8 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 9 Great to see the sunshine as Folk Festival returned
- 10 Sidmouth seniors avoid whitewash, Legg leads way on Friday
Contact police on 101, crime reference: KS/13/438.
• A force spokesman said a 42-year old from Torquay was arrested, interviewed and released on bail until October.