Police probe alleged assault at Sidmouth FC
Player suffered ‘nasty’ facial injuries, say officers
POLICE are investigating an allegation of assault after a football player suffered “nasty” facial injuries -including a fractured jaw - during a match in Sidmouth.
Officers want to hear from anyone who witnessed an incident which is said to have taken place on Saturday, September 10, in a match between Sidmouth Football Club and Topsham Football Club.
The game, at Manstone Lane, kicked off at 3pm.
“During the second half one player received nasty facial injuries, including two fractures to his lower jaw, and two displaced teeth,” investigating officer PC Carly Davies told the Herald.
You may also want to watch:
“This has required extensive treatment in hospital.”
PC Davies urged witnesses to contact police in Honiton by calling 101 and quoting crime number: KS/11/529, or by e-mailing Carly.Davies2@devonandcornwall.pnn.police.uk.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 9 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.