Police probe alleged assault at Sidmouth FC
Player suffered ‘nasty’ facial injuries, say officers
POLICE are investigating an allegation of assault after a football player suffered “nasty” facial injuries -including a fractured jaw - during a match in Sidmouth.
Officers want to hear from anyone who witnessed an incident which is said to have taken place on Saturday, September 10, in a match between Sidmouth Football Club and Topsham Football Club.
The game, at Manstone Lane, kicked off at 3pm.
“During the second half one player received nasty facial injuries, including two fractures to his lower jaw, and two displaced teeth,” investigating officer PC Carly Davies told the Herald.
“This has required extensive treatment in hospital.”
PC Davies urged witnesses to contact police in Honiton by calling 101 and quoting crime number: KS/11/529, or by e-mailing Carly.Davies2@devonandcornwall.pnn.police.uk.
- 1 Plans for quarry at Ottery St Mary REFUSED
- 2 Council set to approve plans for a new quarry in Ottery St Mary
- 3 Yellow weather warning for ice and snow in Devon tonight
- 4 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 5 New look for interior of Sidmouth's Norman Lockyer Observatory
- 6 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 7 Shopping locally has never mattered so much as it does now
- 8 Air ambulance attends beach fall incident in Sidmouth
- 9 Sidmouth late night shopping is back after the pandemic
- 10 Ottery's big switch on lights up the town
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.