Police search for driver
- Credit: Archant
Police are conducting an ongoing search for the driver of a yellow Ford Escort that was found ablaze in Sidbury.
The car is reported to have been in a collision involving a Toyota 4x4 in Wiggaton, Ottery St Mary, at around 4.30pm last Friday.
Police said it was believed that the car failed to stop and fled the scene.
A fire engine from Sidmouth was called to Burscombe Lane at 5.43pm on the same evening. On arrival, they found the vehicle ablaze.
Firefighters, using breathing apparatus, extinguished the blaze, using one hose reel jet. The Ford Escort was completely destroyed.
You may also want to watch:
A fire brigade spokesman said crews contacted the police as they believed the fire could be a suspected arson.
Police would like to speak to anyone with information relating to the whereabouts of the yellow Ford Escort following the crash and prior to being found burnt out.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 7 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
? If you have any information, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 101, quoting log number 524 for Friday, February 13.
You can also contact Crime Stoppers on 0800 555 111.