Police search for driver
- Credit: Archant
Police are conducting an ongoing search for the driver of a yellow Ford Escort that was found ablaze in Sidbury.
The car is reported to have been in a collision involving a Toyota 4x4 in Wiggaton, Ottery St Mary, at around 4.30pm last Friday.
Police said it was believed that the car failed to stop and fled the scene.
A fire engine from Sidmouth was called to Burscombe Lane at 5.43pm on the same evening. On arrival, they found the vehicle ablaze.
Firefighters, using breathing apparatus, extinguished the blaze, using one hose reel jet. The Ford Escort was completely destroyed.
You may also want to watch:
A fire brigade spokesman said crews contacted the police as they believed the fire could be a suspected arson.
Police would like to speak to anyone with information relating to the whereabouts of the yellow Ford Escort following the crash and prior to being found burnt out.
- 1 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 2 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 3 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 4 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 5 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 6 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 7 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 8 Nature's own nocturnal acrobats gracing the skies in Devon
- 9 Month of the dead is a time to remember loved ones
- 10 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
? If you have any information, email@example.com or call 101, quoting log number 524 for Friday, February 13.
You can also contact Crime Stoppers on 0800 555 111.