Police search for driver
- Credit: Archant
Police are conducting an ongoing search for the driver of a yellow Ford Escort that was found ablaze in Sidbury.
The car is reported to have been in a collision involving a Toyota 4x4 in Wiggaton, Ottery St Mary, at around 4.30pm last Friday.
Police said it was believed that the car failed to stop and fled the scene.
A fire engine from Sidmouth was called to Burscombe Lane at 5.43pm on the same evening. On arrival, they found the vehicle ablaze.
Firefighters, using breathing apparatus, extinguished the blaze, using one hose reel jet. The Ford Escort was completely destroyed.
A fire brigade spokesman said crews contacted the police as they believed the fire could be a suspected arson.
Police would like to speak to anyone with information relating to the whereabouts of the yellow Ford Escort following the crash and prior to being found burnt out.
- 1 Photos: Sidmouth's latest cliff collapses caught on camera
- 2 Body of woman found near Sidmouth
- 3 Ottery couple celebrate platinum wedding anniversary
- 4 Town council joins protest against Sidmouth bus cuts
- 5 Commonwealth Games work gives Sidmouth student 'amazing experience' of live TV
- 6 Closure confirmed for Sidmouth retirement home
- 7 Heatwave may have caused latest Sidmouth cliff falls
- 8 Post-lockdown images become public art on Sidmouth billboard
- 9 Residents plagued by aggressive rogue traders
? If you have any information, email@example.com or call 101, quoting log number 524 for Friday, February 13.
You can also contact Crime Stoppers on 0800 555 111.