Suspect wanted for 18 month hotel burglary spate
- Credit: Archant
A suspected thief remains at large following an 18-month spate of hotel burglaries.
Police are hunting a suspect in connection with stealing a bank card from a Sidmouth hotel room and spending £3,460. Officers are looking for Stephen Price, 53, who is wanted in connection with offences committed in Scotland, Dorset, Birmingham and Devon.
A police spokesman said they were called to Sidmouth Harbour Hotel following a burglary sometime between noon on September 27, 2018 and 10am the next day.
In March last year, the suspect is believed to have targeted the Royal Duchy Hotel in Falmouth, taking three credit cards from a locked hotel room to purchase goods online and cash withdrawn.
A police spokesman said: “The offender is gaining entry to rooms, stealing bank cards and then calling through to the affected guest’s room purporting to be from their bank.
You may also want to watch:
“Police have identified Stephen Price as a suspect and he is now sought for arrest.”
Anyone who has seen him or has seen anything suspicious are asked to call police immediately quoting crime reference CR/24028/18.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 6 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 7 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 8 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 9 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98