Police seek Sidbury car thieves
Burglars steal car after key theft from Sidbury home at weekend
POLICE are hunting for burglars who broke into a Sidbury home over the weekend and drove off in the owner’s silver Renault Clio after stealing its keys.
Thieves entered the property some time overnight between Saturday, September 3 and Sunday, September 4.
No other items were stolen.
Police state: “Following the theft of this vehicle, it is believed the offenders attended the car park on Ridgeway Close, Sidbury, and removed the front and rear number plate from a BMW car and put the rear number plate of the stolen Clio on the BMW.”
You may also want to watch:
They are appealing for anyone, who may have witnessed people acting suspiciously in the car park near the village hall on Saturday night or in the early hours of Sunday morning, to contact police on the new 101 number and quote crime reference number KS/11/515.
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 5 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 Yellow weather warning for Devon
- 8 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 9 Sidmouth undone by powerful St Austell performance