Police seize cannabis in Sidmouth raid and other news
Officers visited a property in Sidmouth on Monday and found the teenager in possession of a quantity of cannabis. Read this and more.
CANNABIS SEIZED: A dad reported his own daughter to police - who then raided her bedroom and seized cannabis.
Officers visited a property in Sidmouth on Monday and found the teenager in possession of a quantity of the drug that was duly confiscated.
A police spokesman said on Wednesday that the girl had not been dealt with yet, but it was likely she will receive a caution.
He added that officers acted following a phone call from the teen’s father.
ALLEGED DISORDER: A 43-year-old man has been charged by police with allegedly being drunk and disorderly in Sidmouth on Tuesday afternoon.
- 1 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang
- 2 It's all power to the pedestrian... and we must embrace change
- 3 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 4 Welcome boost for road safety and a milestone for club
- 5 Seven rescue animals in Devon needing new forever homes
- 6 Ottery St Mary rings in the festivities
- 7 Perfect storm has created a housing crisis that needs fixing
- 8 Students carry on Christmas tradition by taking tree through town
- 9 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Devon?
- 10 Town keeps alive the generous tradition inspired by Betty
Officers attended the Esplanade at around 3.55pm following a call from members of the public. A man was arrested and faces a court appearance.
ACCIDENT: A red Vauxhall Zafira ended up on its roof following an accident at Four Elms Hill on the A3052 at around 7.30am on Friday, March 2.
The road was closed for ten minutes. No one was injured.
CRIME: Police have revealed 115 incidents were reported to them in the Sidmouth area in February. PC Jim Tyrrell said a “record” low number of 38 offences were recorded during the month compared to 46 in January and 52 in December.
PC Tyrrell said a fall in numbers was an “encouraging trend”.
QUESTION TIME: Port Royal, Pennington Point and a mooted move away from Knowle are items civic leaders will quiz the district council’s deputy chief executive about later this month.
Richard Cohen will attend a special meeting of Sidmouth Town Council on Monday, March 19.
Other issues on the agenda include the infrastructure of Sidmouth’s schools, health centre, parking and employment land, as well as safeguarding Alexandria Industrial Estate and the Localism Bill.
ROAD CLOSURE: Western Power Distribution will shut Laskeys Lane, from the junction of Hillside Road to Summerleaze, on June 6 from 10am to 3pm, to carry out work.