Police suspect arson at Sidmouth bus shelter
- Credit: Archant
Police are treating a fire that damaged a Sidmouth bus shelter last night as arson and are appealing for information.
Fire crews were called to the East Devon District Council owned shelter at the Triangle at around 8pm last night.
The fire service then requested police assistance.
On arrival crews discovered the bus shelter well alight and used one hose reel jet and two breathing apparatus sets to extinguish the blaze.
Police are continuing to investigate the incident and are appealing for members of the public who may have seen anyone acting suspiciously in the area around the time of the incident, or who may know anything about the cause of the fire, to contact them.
You may also want to watch:
Phone 101, quoting crime number KS/14/32.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 4 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 5 Date announced for unveiling of Ottery's Coleridge statue
- 6 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 7 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 8 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Nature's own nocturnal acrobats gracing the skies in Devon