Police suspect arson at Sidmouth bus shelter
- Credit: Archant
Police are treating a fire that damaged a Sidmouth bus shelter last night as arson and are appealing for information.
Fire crews were called to the East Devon District Council owned shelter at the Triangle at around 8pm last night.
The fire service then requested police assistance.
On arrival crews discovered the bus shelter well alight and used one hose reel jet and two breathing apparatus sets to extinguish the blaze.
Police are continuing to investigate the incident and are appealing for members of the public who may have seen anyone acting suspiciously in the area around the time of the incident, or who may know anything about the cause of the fire, to contact them.
You may also want to watch:
Phone 101, quoting crime number KS/14/32.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 6 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Toto goes bananas with his love for fruit and veg shop
- 10 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action