Police suspect arson at Sidmouth bus shelter
- Credit: Archant
Police are treating a fire that damaged a Sidmouth bus shelter last night as arson and are appealing for information.
Fire crews were called to the East Devon District Council owned shelter at the Triangle at around 8pm last night.
The fire service then requested police assistance.
On arrival crews discovered the bus shelter well alight and used one hose reel jet and two breathing apparatus sets to extinguish the blaze.
Police are continuing to investigate the incident and are appealing for members of the public who may have seen anyone acting suspiciously in the area around the time of the incident, or who may know anything about the cause of the fire, to contact them.
You may also want to watch:
Phone 101, quoting crime number KS/14/32.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 6 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 7 Football in support of mental health
- 8 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 9 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank