Police taser woman after she becomes hostile and pulls knife
- Credit: Archant
Police said a woman with mental health issues, who was living in Sidmouth, had to be tasered when she pulled a seven-inch knife on an officer.
The woman, said police, had been receiving regular welfare visits by PCSOs, but she became hostile when officers saw her last Friday afternoon.
They were accompanying mental health officers looking to return her to her Yorkshire home when she brandished the weapon.
Police said she was tasered twice for her own safety and that of the officers.
The woman was handcuffed and taken by ambulance to the Royal Devon and Exeter hospital.
You may also want to watch:
She was transferred to a mental health facility and has now been sectioned, said police.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 3 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 The more we work together the better it will be
- 7 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 8 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 9 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 10 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of