Police crackdown on driving offences in Sidford
- Credit: Matt Smart
More than 100 vehicles have been stopped as part of a police crackdown on speeding and MOT offences.
Officers from Devon and Cornwall Police carried out a traffic operation on the A3052 in Sidford on Tuesday, November 26.
During the operation, eight tickets were issued for offences including speeding and no MOT.
Police community support officer Chris Bolsover said drugs were also found and seized in one incident and one arrest made in another.
Words of advice were issued to a number of drivers in relation to speed and car lights.
You may also want to watch:
PCSO Bolsover said: "Similar operations have been undertaken recently all over East Devon and we will continue to carry them out in the future."
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 3 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 4 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 5 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 6 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 7 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 10 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project