Police warning after potential fraud call in Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
Police are asking residents to be alert after reports of possible fraud telephone calls in the Sidmouth area.
A Sidmouth resident phoned the police after taking a call from a person claiming to be from Sky. The person saying they were due a refund, who also asked for bank details to pay the money back into their account.
The resident terminated the call as they were not a Sky customer.
A police spokesman said: “We have received a report from a concerned recipient of a possible fraud relating to television subscribers.
“Please be mindful when receiving calls of this nature.
You may also want to watch:
“Never give any banking or personal details to cold callers purporting to be from companies with recognisable names, make your own enquiries with the company in question using the number provided on your contract.”
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 5 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98