Police warning after thefts from cars
MOTORISTS are being warned to remove any valuables from their cars after two recent thefts. The passenger window of a grey Peugeot 207 was smashed and a khaki and yellow Animal handbag was stolen. The car was parked in Salcombe Hill car park between 12.20
MOTORISTS are being warned to remove any valuables from their cars after two recent thefts.
The passenger window of a grey Peugeot 207 was smashed and a khaki and yellow Animal handbag was stolen.
The car was parked in Salcombe Hill car park between 12.20pm and 1.40pm on Thursday, July 9.
The second theft happened in Back Lane, Newton Poppleford on Friday, July 10 between 6pm and 11pm.
A HP Packard Bell Portage laptop, worth �1,500, was stolen from a white Volkswagen Golf.
Anyone with information about the thefts should ring police on 08452 777444 quoting crime reference number KS/09/358 or KS/09/370 respectively.
- 1 Injured coast path walker airlifted to hospital
- 2 Ceremony launches installation of defibrillator at Ottery Cricket Club
- 3 Service veterans 'crowdfund' to buy Queen's Colours flag for Sidmouth
- 4 Property of the Week: Overthorpe, Cliff Road, Sidmouth
- 5 Harlan's a winner after completing reading challenge
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 Plan unveiled to restore 'magical' hidden garden in Sidmouth
- 8 Comedy and horror at Sidbury Manor in film being released next month
- 9 Concern over Sainsburys parking restriction plans
- 10 Preparations underway for Salcombe Regis Fair while car parking remains a hot topic
Police are now urging motorists to keep their valuables safe and have issued the following advice:
* Remove your valuables from you car if possible. If not, put them out of sight at the beginning of your journey. Even an old coat on the back seat is a target for someone to smash a window and grab it.
* Secure doors, windows, boot and sunroof every time you leave your vehicle.
* Remove your music and satellite navigation systems.
* Park in a busy well-lit location that is visible to passers-by
* Use an immobiliser, alarm and other security devices if you have them.