Police warning after thefts from cars
MOTORISTS are being warned to remove any valuables from their cars after two recent thefts. The passenger window of a grey Peugeot 207 was smashed and a khaki and yellow Animal handbag was stolen. The car was parked in Salcombe Hill car park between 12.20
MOTORISTS are being warned to remove any valuables from their cars after two recent thefts.
The passenger window of a grey Peugeot 207 was smashed and a khaki and yellow Animal handbag was stolen.
The car was parked in Salcombe Hill car park between 12.20pm and 1.40pm on Thursday, July 9.
The second theft happened in Back Lane, Newton Poppleford on Friday, July 10 between 6pm and 11pm.
A HP Packard Bell Portage laptop, worth �1,500, was stolen from a white Volkswagen Golf.
Anyone with information about the thefts should ring police on 08452 777444 quoting crime reference number KS/09/358 or KS/09/370 respectively.
- 1 Plans for quarry at Ottery St Mary REFUSED
- 2 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 3 Yellow weather warning for ice and snow in Devon tonight
- 4 Council set to approve plans for a new quarry in Ottery St Mary
- 5 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 6 New look for interior of Sidmouth's Norman Lockyer Observatory
- 7 Ottery's big switch on lights up the town
- 8 Sidmouth late night shopping is back after the pandemic
- 9 Shopping locally has never mattered so much as it does now
- 10 Sidmouth's band announces cancelled concerts
Police are now urging motorists to keep their valuables safe and have issued the following advice:
* Remove your valuables from you car if possible. If not, put them out of sight at the beginning of your journey. Even an old coat on the back seat is a target for someone to smash a window and grab it.
* Secure doors, windows, boot and sunroof every time you leave your vehicle.
* Remove your music and satellite navigation systems.
* Park in a busy well-lit location that is visible to passers-by
* Use an immobiliser, alarm and other security devices if you have them.