Save the date – Sid Valley residents receive poll cards for neighbourhood plan referendum
- Credit: Archant
Sid Valley residents have begun receiving their polling cards ahead of next month’s neighbourhood plan referendum.
Electorates will be able to vote on Thursday, September 19, on the Sid Valley Neighbourhood Plan, which has been created as a blueprint for developmentd in the area until 2032.
Residents will be asked to answer yes or no to the question, "Do you want East Devon District Council to use the neighbourhood plan for Sidmouth to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?".
Anyone unable to vote on the day can contact East Devon District Council to vote by proxy or postal vote.
The plan has been worked on by volunteers in the Sid Valley Neighbourhood Plan steering group for more than three years.
You may also want to watch:
In the run up to the referendum the Herald will explain the plan and its policies on the valley.
The full plan can be found by visiting East Devon District Council's website under Election and registering to vote, then select election documents.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 8 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 9 Local photographer captures the beauty of The Byes with his wildlife shots
- 10 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride