Poppy collectors thank public for generous donations after record breaking year
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth’s Poppy Appeal has raised £19,311 in the past year and the organisers want to thank everyone who got involved.
Richard Waring is the Poppy Appeal Co-ordinator and he said her wants to highlight the amazing generosity of Sidmouth’s businesses and people.
He said: “We would like to thank the supermarkets, the Anchor Inn and Radway Cinema.
“We are so grateful for the support of the people.”
The supermarkets helped to raise almost £8,000 for the cause with collectors standing outside the shops.
You may also want to watch:
Following the success of last year, the organisers are also keen to stress that Sunday’s parade will be going ahead as usual despite the People’s Procession taking place on the Friday. This year, Richard wants to encourage any former service personnel to form the vanguard of Sunday’s procession.
If you would like to help take part in the parade or collect money contact Richard on 01395 515614.
- 1 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 2 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 3 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 4 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 5 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 8 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 9 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 10 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb