Poppy collectors thank public for generous donations after record breaking year
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth’s Poppy Appeal has raised £19,311 in the past year and the organisers want to thank everyone who got involved.
Richard Waring is the Poppy Appeal Co-ordinator and he said her wants to highlight the amazing generosity of Sidmouth’s businesses and people.
He said: “We would like to thank the supermarkets, the Anchor Inn and Radway Cinema.
“We are so grateful for the support of the people.”
The supermarkets helped to raise almost £8,000 for the cause with collectors standing outside the shops.
You may also want to watch:
Following the success of last year, the organisers are also keen to stress that Sunday’s parade will be going ahead as usual despite the People’s Procession taking place on the Friday. This year, Richard wants to encourage any former service personnel to form the vanguard of Sunday’s procession.
If you would like to help take part in the parade or collect money contact Richard on 01395 515614.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 3 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 4 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 7 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers