Creative Poppy helps to clean the streets of dog poo
- Credit: Archant
A six-year-old in Sidmouth has come up with a creative way to stop people leaving behind dog poo.
A six-year-old is asking pet owners to clear up their dog mess.
Poppy has taken it upon herself to make a dog poo bag dispenser and is very pleased to see it being used by her community.
Mum Laura said they saw dog mess on their route to school and had even got in the car to discover it was all on their shoes.
Poppy, who also lives with her nine-year-old brother Alfie, came up with the idea for the dispenser after seeing a news feature on CBBC Newsround.
You may also want to watch:
She used a plastic bottle and a bag of dog poo bags to make the dispenser before tying it to a lamppost in Manstone Avenue.
Laura said: “Poppy is very good. They both pick up litter and bring it home.
- 1 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 2 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 3 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 7 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
“We made it with a plastic bottle and dog bags. We walk pass it everyday and she is really pleased to see people have used it.
“It’s amazing how thoughtful children can be - it gives us a lot of hope for the next generation.”
If you’d like to follow Poppy’s example and make your own dispenser, please send us a picture and we will put them in the paper and on our website to show off your hard work!