Popular hall to be used for services required by Sidmouth residents
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth’s St John Ambulance Hall could be used for healthcare, an indoor market or as a leisure facility, according to its new owners.
The town centre property was put up for sale after 55 years of use by its charity owner and a wide range of other community groups.
Chartered surveyor Richard Heard said the new owners, who wish to remain nameless, are ‘seeking to let the property to a tenant or tenants who will provide facilities and services required by the residents of the town’.
He added: “Possible users may be in the healthcare sector, given its proximity to the health centre, or retail businesses dealing in bulky products, given the building’s size.
“The property may also suit an organisation with a large number of members, similar to St John Ambulance, or for use as an indoor market or a leisure facility.”
You may also want to watch:
The 6,600-sq ft plot features a large hall, offices and two garages. There is parking for eight to 10 vehicles.
The property was listed for sale with agent Alder King as having potential for redevelopment.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 7 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
Philip Walker, the fleet and facilities manager for St John Ambulance South West, told the Herald in January the hall was being sold as there is not currently a unit of adult first aiders in Sidmouth.
He said the proceeds would be reinvested in the charity’s first aid efforts.
Anyone interested in using the property should contact Mr Heard on 01395 579555 or email@example.com.