Postie with the mostie!
A SIDMOUTH postman has got no excuse to be late on his post round now after winning a bronze medal in a series of bike races. John Dunster took part in all three rounds of the Soggy Bottom Series at Newnham Park, one of the UK s finest race venues. In the
A SIDMOUTH postman has got no excuse to be late on his post round now after winning a bronze medal in a series of bike races.
John Dunster took part in all three rounds of the Soggy Bottom Series at Newnham Park, one of the UK's finest race venues.
In the first round he set off at his normal leisurely pace to find he was making good progress with a shock result of 6th scoring 44 points.
In round two he attacked a bit harder and was in close battle with a strong field.
Despite the derailer on his bike smashing with only half a lap to go, John ran with his bike to the finish line and secured sixth place, scoring 44 points.
The final round came with lots of anticipation, the weather was looking very good and the track also looked very fast, so it was probably not the best place to try out his new bike.
- 1 'Some businesses may not survive Sidmouth roadworks'
- 2 Sidmouth Hospice at Home fulfils local man's final wish
- 3 Abolishing BBC licence fee is 'sparpling' from bigger issue
- 4 British Heart Foundation shop in Sidmouth urgently seeking volunteers
- 5 School steps up safety at road crossing areas
- 6 'Good news - a new restaurant in Sidmouth!'
- 7 Temperatures drop to -5C in Devon - but how's the weekend looking?
- 8 Members of South West drugs gang jailed for combined 40 years
- 9 Managing the woodland at the Knapp in Sidmouth
- 10 Careless charity shop donors cost Devon Air Ambulance money
With his fingers crossed that he had done all the nuts and bolts up nice and tight he set off.
Although the speed was very fast with some top riders from all over the country looking for good results, John paced himself well with a good finish on his new bike coming in tenth and scoring 36 points.
The moment of truth finally dawned after eager expectation and to his delight John was awarded a bronze medal.