Postie with the mostie!
A SIDMOUTH postman has got no excuse to be late on his post round now after winning a bronze medal in a series of bike races. John Dunster took part in all three rounds of the Soggy Bottom Series at Newnham Park, one of the UK s finest race venues. In the
A SIDMOUTH postman has got no excuse to be late on his post round now after winning a bronze medal in a series of bike races.
John Dunster took part in all three rounds of the Soggy Bottom Series at Newnham Park, one of the UK's finest race venues.
In the first round he set off at his normal leisurely pace to find he was making good progress with a shock result of 6th scoring 44 points.
In round two he attacked a bit harder and was in close battle with a strong field.
You may also want to watch:
Despite the derailer on his bike smashing with only half a lap to go, John ran with his bike to the finish line and secured sixth place, scoring 44 points.
The final round came with lots of anticipation, the weather was looking very good and the track also looked very fast, so it was probably not the best place to try out his new bike.
- 1 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 2 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 3 Festival benefits connected businesses as well
- 4 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home
- 5 United front needed to ensure Devon does not remain the poor relation
- 6 What will you find in this year's butterfly count?
- 7 Donkey sanctuary's new trail and batty activities this summer
- 8 A little respect goes a long way to reducing summer tensions
- 9 Repaint of fish mural brightens up The Ham
- 10 Young talent emerging in local cricket
With his fingers crossed that he had done all the nuts and bolts up nice and tight he set off.
Although the speed was very fast with some top riders from all over the country looking for good results, John paced himself well with a good finish on his new bike coming in tenth and scoring 36 points.
The moment of truth finally dawned after eager expectation and to his delight John was awarded a bronze medal.