Power restored to Ottery after powercut
- Credit: Archant
Some 2,161 Western Power customers were affected.
Power has been restored to 2,161 properties in Ottery after a power cut this afternoon.
The incident happened just before 4pm today (Tuesday, May 9) with power being restored 10 minutes later at 4.09pm.
Wester Power is currently investigating the cause of the fault.
A Western Power spokeswoman said: “At 3.59pm, 2,161 customers were affected. They were switched back on at 4.09pm.
You may also want to watch:
“We are just investigating, it’s a mixture of underground cables and overhead lines. We are investigating what the fault was.”
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 6 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 7 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser