Praise for Knowle campaigners and other news
- Credit: Getty Images
Praise was reserved for the “eloquence” of campaigners who spoke at the meeting at which plans to redevelop Knowle were rejected. Read this and more.
NICELY PUT: Praise was reserved for the “eloquence” of campaigners who spoke at the meeting at which plans to redevelop Knowle were rejected.
Town councillor John Dyson told colleagues that the arguments put forward by 12 members of the public were “frankly impressive”. He said the cases presented “swayed” development management committee members. Chairman Stuart Hughes added: “Let’s just hope, not only for Sidmouth’s but East Devon’s sake, we can now move on instead of being under a cloud of this issue of Knowle.
FIRE: Controlled blazes in two different areas covering half-an-acre of Sidmouth’s Fire Beacon Hill were carried out by the RSPB last Tuesday, March 5.
You may also want to watch:
EXTENSION: A proposed single-storey rear extension at Roslyn in Cheese Lane, Sidmouth, has been approved.
- 1 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 2 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 3 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 4 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 Hospitality needs a 'seat at cabinet the table' in Westminster - Michael Caines
- 7 An extra £4.6 billion made available to support UK businesses during lockdown
- 8 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 9 TOTO TALK - musings of a dog about town
- 10 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert
APPROVED: A single-storey side extension, and summerhouse in the front garden, at Blue Ridge in Elm Way, Sidford, have been given the go-ahead.