Praise for Knowle campaigners and other news
- Credit: Getty Images
Praise was reserved for the “eloquence” of campaigners who spoke at the meeting at which plans to redevelop Knowle were rejected. Read this and more.
NICELY PUT: Praise was reserved for the “eloquence” of campaigners who spoke at the meeting at which plans to redevelop Knowle were rejected.
Town councillor John Dyson told colleagues that the arguments put forward by 12 members of the public were “frankly impressive”. He said the cases presented “swayed” development management committee members. Chairman Stuart Hughes added: “Let’s just hope, not only for Sidmouth’s but East Devon’s sake, we can now move on instead of being under a cloud of this issue of Knowle.
FIRE: Controlled blazes in two different areas covering half-an-acre of Sidmouth’s Fire Beacon Hill were carried out by the RSPB last Tuesday, March 5.
You may also want to watch:
EXTENSION: A proposed single-storey rear extension at Roslyn in Cheese Lane, Sidmouth, has been approved.
- 1 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 2 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 3 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 4 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 5 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 6 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 7 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 8 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 9 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 10 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
APPROVED: A single-storey side extension, and summerhouse in the front garden, at Blue Ridge in Elm Way, Sidford, have been given the go-ahead.