Praise for Knowle campaigners and other news
- Credit: Getty Images
Praise was reserved for the “eloquence” of campaigners who spoke at the meeting at which plans to redevelop Knowle were rejected. Read this and more.
NICELY PUT: Praise was reserved for the “eloquence” of campaigners who spoke at the meeting at which plans to redevelop Knowle were rejected.
Town councillor John Dyson told colleagues that the arguments put forward by 12 members of the public were “frankly impressive”. He said the cases presented “swayed” development management committee members. Chairman Stuart Hughes added: “Let’s just hope, not only for Sidmouth’s but East Devon’s sake, we can now move on instead of being under a cloud of this issue of Knowle.
FIRE: Controlled blazes in two different areas covering half-an-acre of Sidmouth’s Fire Beacon Hill were carried out by the RSPB last Tuesday, March 5.
You may also want to watch:
EXTENSION: A proposed single-storey rear extension at Roslyn in Cheese Lane, Sidmouth, has been approved.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 7 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Debut in the Dartmoor League
APPROVED: A single-storey side extension, and summerhouse in the front garden, at Blue Ridge in Elm Way, Sidford, have been given the go-ahead.