Prayer Walk at Salcombe Hill
SOME 40 Christians from Sidmouth gathered for prayer on Sunday, May 4, not in a church but on Salcombe Hill. Adults and children climbed the hill as part of a prayer walk, which included praying for Sidmouth and it s community as well as enjoying fellows
SOME 40 Christians from Sidmouth gathered for prayer on Sunday, May 4, not in a church but on Salcombe Hill.
Adults and children climbed the hill as part of a prayer walk, which included praying for Sidmouth and it's community as well as enjoying fellowship with one another.
In fabulous weather children enjoyed a treasure trail.
The walk was part of 10 days of prayer being held in the parish church until tomorrow (Saturday) May 10.
You may also want to watch:
Each day a different area of the community is being prayed for. Tomorrow the focus will be local businesses, including the Sidmouth Herald.
The days of prayer culminates with the Christians Together in Sidmouth Pentecost Walk on Sunday May 11.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
Organised as part of Hope 08, more events are planned for the rest of the year, including a big cream tea in July.
For details of how to get involved contact the Reverend Dave Brown (01395) 579316.