Can you help out on Sidmouth Carnival night?
- Credit: Archant
Final preparations are under way for Sidmouth Carnival, on Saturday, September 21.
Details of the road closures will be announced soon.
Chairman of the carnival committee, Jo Hughes, said: "We've got a million and one things to do, but we will get it done."
She said she would be 'really grateful' to anyone who could help out on carnival night, from collecting charity donations to helping marshall the road closures.
"We haven't got many on the committee and it costs more and more to put the carnival on," she said.
You may also want to watch:
"We do our best to put on a good show, but insurance and everything else is going up.
The event chairman also appealed for motorists to be patient with the road closures:
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
She said: "They get so frustrated because they can't get out of the little side roads, but it's only a few hours on a Saturday night, it's not much."
If you can help on carnival night, contact Jo on 07523 460 040.