President handover for Rotary Club of Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
The changing of the guard for the Rotary Club of Sidmouth took place at the Riviera Hotel this week.
The outgoing president, Ron Galling, summed up his thoughts on his year in office by saying he was handing over a healthy and thriving club to Keith Walton.
“Lots of people retire to Sidmouth when they still have a lot of life and vitality left in them,” he said. “So, I would invite them to join us and put their efforts into helping in our charity work.
“It’s not arduous. We have informal get-together lunches at the Anchor Inn and more formal meetings at the Riviera Hotel.”
Keith pledged to build on the camaraderie the club engenders.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in joining the club can call him on 01395 741968.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 6 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 7 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 8 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 9 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98