Sidmouth estates agent donates laptops to primary school pupils
- Credit: Tony Sutherland
Primary school pupils in Sidmouth learning at home have received a boost after the director of a property specialist in the town donated two laptops and an iPad.
Schools across the country have been struggling to make sure all pupils have access to a computer or tablet during the national coronavirus lockdown.
After seeing Sidmouth Primary School’s appeal for donations in the Herald, the directors of Harrison-Lavers and Potbury’s wanted to do what they could to help all students get online with home schooling.
Director Tony Sutherland said: “When we saw the article, we realised that we had some kit that could be used by the school. We were only too happy to help out.”
Harrison-Lavers & Potbury’s is Sidmouth’s longest established estate agent.
Harrison-Lavers was formed in 1978 and Potbury's in the late 1890s. The two firms merged in 1985.
For further information ring 01395 516633 or visit www.harrisonlavers.com
- 1 Sidmouth 'one of best' for vaccination coverage
- 2 Ground developments underway at Sidmouth Town AFC
- 3 New funding opportunity puts better sea defences back on the agenda
- 4 Andy and Rachel help High Street adjust to life after lockdown
- 5 Sunshine and cricket will be perfect mix post lockdown
- 6 Gavin's happy memories of his mother and of Trumps Store
- 7 Speed limit trial will pave the way for safer Devon roads
- 8 Learn new skills, support your community and meet new friends
- 9 If you want something sorted then you better call Sal
- 10 Pub offers free meals to help Ottery households in need