Sidmouth prepares to light up for Christmas 2019
- Credit: Archant
Christmas festivities will be arriving in Sidmouth next week when the town’s light are switched on for the first time.
The light switch on will launch with music from Vine and Dandy from 4.30pm on Saturday, November 16, in the Market Place.
Pupils from Sidmouth Primary School will be this year's guests of honour to switch on the lights at 5.30pm, as well as perform a number of carols.
Adding to the atmosphere will be the local Gliddon's steam engine helping to create that Christmas feel.
There is also a chance for primary school children to win a £100 voucher, donated by Gliddon's Toy Shop.
You may also want to watch:
The Christmas light display is funded by Sidmouth Town Council with support from Sidmouth Chamber of Commerce.
The town council says the event will be a 'sparkling start' to Christmas in Sidmouth.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
- 9 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 10 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
Councillor Ian Barlow, chairman of the town council, said: "This year, it is entirely fitting that a group of our own local youngsters receives some
recognition and a chance to show off their singing skills."