Prince Harry and Meghan Markle send special thanks for Sidmouth author’s book
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth author who wrote a book, based on her four-legged friend, has made its way to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.
Jo Earlam released Archie, Space Dog! earlier this year, marking 50 years since man landed on the moon.
The author had a little surprise this week when she received a thank you card from the royal couple, after one of her readers decided to send a copy of the book as a present to their baby son.
She said: "I went to Newton Poppleford Primary School this week to listen to children read, which I do each week, the receptionist handed me a letter addressed to me, c/o the school.
"It was from someone in Wiltshire who'd bought a copy of the book, read it, and sent it on to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle as a present for their baby, Archie.
You may also want to watch:
"They'd received a thank you card and photo back, which they sent on to me and the school. It was very touching."
Archie the Space Dog! on sale now in town book stores.
- 1 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 2 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 3 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 4 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 Hospitality needs a 'seat at cabinet the table' in Westminster - Michael Caines
- 7 An extra £4.6 billion made available to support UK businesses during lockdown
- 8 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 9 TOTO TALK - musings of a dog about town
- 10 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert