Print a Present workshops in Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
Two workshops, in which people can create a design and print it on to fabric, are taking place near Sidmouth.
They are being held at Boswell Farm, Harcombe, where printmaker Karen Bowskill of 10 by 8 Studio has opened a new workspace after running workshops in Exeter and Lyme Regis.
The Sidmouth sessions will take place on Wednesday, November 27, and Wednesday, December 11, from 10am until 2pm.
Participants will learn how to carve a linocut print and transfer their design on to a locally hand-made zipped pouch or a sustainable tote bag.
The finished product could be given as a Christmas present.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Bowskill said these days many people are discovering the benefits to mental wellbeing of taking up a creative hobby, and that she notices a marked difference in her customers from when they arrive, to when they leave.
"The magic of creating something fills people with such happiness and pride.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 9 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 10 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
"You can see them visibly change through the process," she said.
Visit her website for more details and to book a place.