Print a Present workshops in Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
Two workshops, in which people can create a design and print it on to fabric, are taking place near Sidmouth.
They are being held at Boswell Farm, Harcombe, where printmaker Karen Bowskill of 10 by 8 Studio has opened a new workspace after running workshops in Exeter and Lyme Regis.
The Sidmouth sessions will take place on Wednesday, November 27, and Wednesday, December 11, from 10am until 2pm.
Participants will learn how to carve a linocut print and transfer their design on to a locally hand-made zipped pouch or a sustainable tote bag.
The finished product could be given as a Christmas present.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Bowskill said these days many people are discovering the benefits to mental wellbeing of taking up a creative hobby, and that she notices a marked difference in her customers from when they arrive, to when they leave.
"The magic of creating something fills people with such happiness and pride.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 8 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 9 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 10 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
"You can see them visibly change through the process," she said.
Visit her website for more details and to book a place.