Diana Bellinger in the running for a South West Chef of the Year award
- Credit: Contributed
Diana in final four for Home Cook category of South West Chef of the Year
A Sidmouth woman is among the finalists of the South West Chef of the Year awards, in the ‘home cooking’ category.
Diana Bellinger automatically qualified to be in the final four after winning Devon Life magazine’s Home Cook of the Year.
She will now take part in a final at the Ashburton Cookery School on Saturday, October 6, where she will have to cook a three-course meal she has devised using ingredients specified by the judges.
Diana, who is married and works part-time for an investment platform, said she had been encouraged to cook from a young age by her mother, who passed on her own skills.
You may also want to watch:
“I have always enjoyed entertaining and love cooking for our friends and family,” she said.
“I collect cookery books and have many covering cuisine from all over the world. I love trying new recipes and often adapt them to suit whatever ingredients I have to hand, or enhance them with my own ideas.”
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 3 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 4 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 7 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 10 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022