Sidmouth Music presents concert with prizewinning soloist
- Credit: Archant
A prize-winning soloist from the world of early and baroque music will perform in the Sidmouth Music concert on Saturday, January 18.
The German baroque recorder player Tabea Debus will be accompanied by theorbo player Alex McCartney, and together they will perform an eclectic mix of early traditional music from home shores, as well as across Europe, along with pieces by Handel, Bach, Vivaldi and Corelli and finishing, historically at least, on Piazzolla.
Last October Tabea Debus was awarded top soloist prize in the prestigious Mecklenburg-West Pomeranian Festival in Northern Germany.
The prize, sponsored by regional energy supplier WEMAG, includes an award of €5,000 and annual performance opportunities as part of the festival amongst other past winners the list of which increasingly reads like a Who's Who of today's leading classical artists.
The concert takes place at Sidmouth Parish Church, starting at 3pm.
You may also want to watch:
Visit www.SidmouthMusic.org.uk for full programme details of all Sidmouth Music events.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 7 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 8 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future