Protest in Exeter will call on Government to ‘fix our NHS’
- Credit: Archant
Rallies are taking place in Exeter city centre and across the country with campaigners calling on Government to ‘fix our NHS’.
Tomorrow (Saturday) will be a national day of action and Save Our Hospital Services Devon will be among those calling for:
? An immediate cash injection to relieve the crisis facing the NHS, which has seen ‘unacceptable’ waiting times in A&E, delays admitting and discharging patients, deaths on trolleys and in waiting ambulances, and the cancellation of all routine operations.
? An end to the closure of hospitals, wards and beds in Devon.
? No imposition of Accountable Care contracts in Devon or any other part of the country, but a return to a fully public, fully funded, fully accountable NHS, free at the point of use.
You may also want to watch:
? Fair pay for NHS workers and the restoration of bursaries for student nurses.
The protest will begin in Princesshay Square at 11am tomorrow (Saturday).
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 5 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 8 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 9 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future