Public consultation for Sidmouth nature reserve
VIEWS are being sought for ways to improve Sidmouth s nature reserve. A public consultation will take place next week at the Knapp Nature Reserve and people will have the opportunity to suggest changes. East Devon District Council s (EDDC) Countryside Ser
VIEWS are being sought for ways to improve Sidmouth's nature reserve.
A public consultation will take place next week at the Knapp Nature Reserve and people will have the opportunity to suggest changes.
East Devon District Council's (EDDC) Countryside Service has recently taken over management of the reserve and is hoping to involve the local community in enhancing the area.
A spokesperson for EDDC said: "At the moment, there is an area of meadow, some woodland, a rather neglected orchard and a pond just struggling to survive under heavy encroachment from the surrounding scrub.
You may also want to watch:
"Some of the current ideas for future improvements include revitalising and expanding the orchard, clearing the scrub from around the pond and improving the variety of habitats for wildlife."
Countryside Service officers will be on hand to show people around during the consultation which takes place on Wednesday between 10am and 12noon.
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 3 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 6 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 7 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 8 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 9 Important not to let celebrations get out of hand
- 10 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
People can suggest what they would like to see in the future and will be given the chance to join hands-on practical working parties.
As it is half term, there will also be children's activities during the morning, with games and a tree seed hunt.
Freshly squeezed apple juice straight from the apple press will be provided by volunteers from the Vision for Sidmouth group.
The nature reserve is located off Station Road between Peaslands Road and Alexandria Road.
The site is open to the public free of charge. For more information email email@example.com or ring (01395) 517557.