Public meeting in Sidmouth on proposed hospital bed cuts
- Credit: Archant
Residents are being invited to have their say about plans to cut hospital beds in Sidmouth and East Devon at a series of public events.
The NHS NEW Devon Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) is currently holding a 13-week consultation on plans to cut 72 beds.
It has four options on the table and two of them, including the preferred choice, would see Sidmouth Victoria Hospital lose all of its inpatient beds.
The CCG says the cuts are needed to help plug a £384million funding deficit by 2020/21 and to move health services towards caring for patients at home.
There are two public meetings being held at Knowle, Sidmouth, on Monday, November 7.
You may also want to watch:
The first will run from 1pm to 3.30pm and the second will be between 5.30pm and 8pm.
Clinicians will join commissioners at the events to explain the new model of care proposed, with opportunity for discussion.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
The CCG says it is important that as many people as possible attend the events to learn more about the proposals and to have their say.
The following events are being held elsewhere in East Devon and Exeter:
• Ocean, Queens Drive, Exmouth, November 8, 1.30pm to 4pm;
• The Beehive, Honiton, November 10, 10am to 12.30pm;
• Whipton Community Hall, Exeter, November 18, 2.30pm to 5pm;
• St Luke’s College, Exeter, November 21, 6pm to 8pm;
• Exmouth Community College, November 22, 5.30pm to 8pm;
• Seaton Town Hall, November 24, 2pm to 4.30pm and 5.30pm to 8pm;
• The Beehive, Honiton, November 29, 12pm to 2.30pm.
To guarantee a place, register by calling 01392 356 084 or emailing email@example.com.
The CCG says where there is demand, further meetings will be organised.
The consultation document can be viewed online at www.newdevonccg.nhs.uk.