Puffins pre-school, Beer, raises funds for improvements to building and playgrounds
- Credit: Contributed
Community are asked to support fundraising events
Puffins pre-school in Beer has launched a fundraising campaign to pay for improvements to its building and outdoor areas.
There are plans to extend the front playground, replace the safety flooring and freshen up the appearance of the front of the building.
The next phase will be a canopy over the front doors so that parents and children waiting to go inside will be protected from rain or hot sunshine.
New features are also planned for the back garden, including a small covered area, a firepit and perhaps a willow structure, with the total cost amounting to £6,500.
You may also want to watch:
Puffins is in the same grounds as the Beer Church of England Primary School, and the Diocese of Exeter has already given permission for the alterations.
A bingo session has already been held, raising £350. The next event will be a barbecue during Beer Regatta, on Sunday afternoon (August 12). There are also plans for a sponsored walk.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead