Halloween pumpkin carving at The Donkey Sanctuary
- Credit: Archant
If there are lots of pumpkin lanterns on display around Sidmouth this Halloween, it could be thanks to The Donkey Sanctuary.
A workshop was set up at the attraction during half-term week, enabling children to design and make their own jack o'lanterns to take home.
They were helped to hollow out their pumpkin, draw a face on it, and carefully cut out the features.
There was also a Halloween-themed trick or treat game in the grounds, marked by a trail of pumpkins.
Participants were able to discover 'treats' that would keep donkeys healthy and happy, and 'tricks' which were not so good for them.
You may also want to watch:
The Donkey Trick or Treat trail runs until Sunday, November 3, at a cost of £3 per person.
Visitors can also explore the maze, take an autumnal walk through the woods, and perhaps wander down the Weston valley to the sea.
- 1 Making the most of our daily walks by the sea
- 2 Sidmouth musician to host 24hr virtual open mic for cancer charity
- 3 Diamonds are forever - Devon Communities Together launches 60th anniversary campaign
- 4 Speed limit trial will pave the way for safer Devon roads
- 5 Boohoo’s purchase of Arcadia group brands could provide a massive benefit for the High Street
- 6 Sidmouth Cricket Club building new partnerships
- 7 If you want something sorted then you better call Sal
- 8 Young people welcome to ‘Youthie’ on Zoom
- 9 It will be good to see Sidmouth town centre 'bustling again'
- 10 Business employment charity needs helping boost to continue
Entry and parking at the sanctuary are free. Dogs on leads are welcome.