Pumpkins on parade
BEER Club is preparing for its annual pumpkin extravaganza.
The show takes place tomorrow at the club in Berry Hill at 8pm. There will be a grand auction of produce and donated items with proceeds going to local charities. Flybe has donated two tickets to any of their destinations.
Everyone is welcome to enter vegetables or decorated vegetables.
There are classes for heaviest pumpkins and marrows, four heaviest onions, and best shaped pumpkin.
There is a competition for decorated vegetables - for children aged six and under and seven and over There is also an adult section.
You may also want to watch:
All entries are to be at the club by 4pm on the day for judging; it will be open to receive entries from 10am.
For more information call 01297 21955. To pick up, for a donation, a pumpkin for parties or soup, come to the club on the evening or 10am – noon on the Sunday.
- 1 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 2 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 3 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 4 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 5 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 6 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 7 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
- 8 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 9 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 10 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season