Purer air at Sidmouth hospital thanks to £9,000 investment
- Credit: Archant
Patients with breathing difficulties will be among the beneficiaries from a £9,000 investment in air purifiers at Sidmouth Victoria Hospital.
The comforts fund invested in 20 bladeless Dyson devices that are easier to clean than conventional fans and automatically remove gases and 99.95 per cent of allergens and pollutants from the air, according to the manufacturer.
The top-of-the-range new kit can help cut infection rates and will keep the wards cool, as they are often ‘stifling’ in the summer months.
Nurse Gill Glass said: “The patients love them – it gets so hot and stuffy in the summer but the other fans get quite dusty, and that dust circulates in the air.
“They’re fantastic, especially for people with infections or breathing difficulties. You can clean every element of the air purifiers.”
You may also want to watch:
The comforts fund has raised £5million from the community over 25 years for a complete refurbishment of the hospital.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 8 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 9 Local photographer captures the beauty of The Byes with his wildlife shots
- 10 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride