Queues for Sidmouth street party starts at 8am
- Credit: Archant
Residents rose early and formed an orderly queue to secure a seat at a Sidmouth street party to celebrate the Queen’s 90th birthday.
Tickets for the Sidmouth Chamber of Commerce event were quickly snapped up on Saturday - with 110 out the 150 places reserved. Keen residents lined-up as early as 8am outside the Anchor Inn.
Sylvia Brownlee, chamber of commerce secretary, said: “We had a very good system - we gave people a raffle ticket. The line started at 8am, so we gave those people tickets one and two so they could go away for coffee and come back at 10am.
The remaining tickets are on sale at Sidsoft, in Church Street.
Tickets cost £24 for a table of six.
You may also want to watch:
The street party will take place on Sunday, June 12, from 4pm to 7pm.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 6 The more we work together the better it will be
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 9 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
- 10 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC