Quick cash for gold Sidmouth warning
A SIDMOUTH auctioneer is warning people about companies which offer instant cash for gold and silver. Michael Willey from Potburys of Sidmouth says the get rich quick process is a chancy business. He said: Our judgement is that it is very risky as auct
A SIDMOUTH auctioneer is warning people about companies which offer instant cash for gold and silver.
Michael Willey from Potburys of Sidmouth says the 'get rich quick' process is a chancy business.
He said: "Our judgement is that it is very risky as auctions offer a broader range of competition provided realistic reserves are placed."
Mr Willey said because of financial constraints and poor interest rates, many savers are turning to alternative investments.
You may also want to watch:
He added: "It is evident from the performance of Tuesday's and Wednesday's auction sale Potburys experienced a very strong competitive market for gold, silver, jewellery and objet d'art."
Among the items sold were a silver novelty Vesta box for �1,300, a raw gold nugget brooch sold for �560 and a rare 19th century oil painting of St Kilda and cottages in Branscombe for �1,020.
- 1 Summer play season returns safe and sound after 'challenging year'
- 2 Tragedy strikes the racing world
- 3 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 4 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 5 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 6 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 7 School's hill climb challenge
- 8 Beautiful news for fans of music festival
- 9 Family triumph in Sidmouth golf team stableford
- 10 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street