Quick cash for gold Sidmouth warning
A SIDMOUTH auctioneer is warning people about companies which offer instant cash for gold and silver. Michael Willey from Potburys of Sidmouth says the get rich quick process is a chancy business. He said: Our judgement is that it is very risky as auct
A SIDMOUTH auctioneer is warning people about companies which offer instant cash for gold and silver.
Michael Willey from Potburys of Sidmouth says the 'get rich quick' process is a chancy business.
He said: "Our judgement is that it is very risky as auctions offer a broader range of competition provided realistic reserves are placed."
Mr Willey said because of financial constraints and poor interest rates, many savers are turning to alternative investments.
You may also want to watch:
He added: "It is evident from the performance of Tuesday's and Wednesday's auction sale Potburys experienced a very strong competitive market for gold, silver, jewellery and objet d'art."
Among the items sold were a silver novelty Vesta box for �1,300, a raw gold nugget brooch sold for �560 and a rare 19th century oil painting of St Kilda and cottages in Branscombe for �1,020.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 4 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 5 Date announced for unveiling of Ottery's Coleridge statue
- 6 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 7 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 8 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth