Quick cash for gold Sidmouth warning
A SIDMOUTH auctioneer is warning people about companies which offer instant cash for gold and silver. Michael Willey from Potburys of Sidmouth says the get rich quick process is a chancy business. He said: Our judgement is that it is very risky as auct
A SIDMOUTH auctioneer is warning people about companies which offer instant cash for gold and silver.
Michael Willey from Potburys of Sidmouth says the 'get rich quick' process is a chancy business.
He said: "Our judgement is that it is very risky as auctions offer a broader range of competition provided realistic reserves are placed."
Mr Willey said because of financial constraints and poor interest rates, many savers are turning to alternative investments.
You may also want to watch:
He added: "It is evident from the performance of Tuesday's and Wednesday's auction sale Potburys experienced a very strong competitive market for gold, silver, jewellery and objet d'art."
Among the items sold were a silver novelty Vesta box for �1,300, a raw gold nugget brooch sold for �560 and a rare 19th century oil painting of St Kilda and cottages in Branscombe for �1,020.
- 1 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 2 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 3 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 4 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 5 Sidmouth supermarket helps out children living in poverty
- 6 Good old-fashioned common sense is what's needed
- 7 Pre-season fun for a rugby player
- 8 Another record for Kirsteen
- 9 Hot! Hot! Hot! Haytor Heller
- 10 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop