Quilt fundraiser for Sidmouth's Kennaway House
A SPECIAL quilt made by professional quilters from the Netherlands, is on offer to help raise funds to support Sidmouth s Kennaway House.
A SPECIAL quilt made by professional quilters from the Netherlands, is on offer to help raise funds to support Sidmouth's Kennaway House.
When Leslie Carol Taylor saw how much work her mother, Jackie Street, put in as chairman of the Friends of Kennaway House, the recently-restored Regency House off Coburg Road, Sidmouth, she wanted to help raise money to help maintain the community-use building.
As one of three women running North Sea Quilters in Holland, Leslie, who attended the official opening of Kennaway House, thought the best way would be to offer a �1,000 quilt in a prize draw.
Leslie, who fell in love with Holland when she went there as a teenager, said: "I know how hard my mother works and of the time and effort other people put in.
You may also want to watch:
"So many volunteers have put hours and hours of their precious time into the restoration of this house and this is our way of helping them achieve their financial goal.
"This is what I do and we will be selling tickets up until December."
- 1 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 2 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 5 Vision Group awards recognise 'champions' who helped Sidmouth pull through lockdown
- 6 Former Sidmouth student campaigns to save Afghan friends from Taliban regime
- 7 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 8 ‘Act now’ to get flood-prone school relocated, councillor urges Government
- 9 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 10 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
The quilt is of traditional design and was quilted by Leslie and the two other quilters, Maria and Marybeth, who complete sponsors North Sea Quilters.
They chose fabrics from the Moda Gypsy Rose collection to match the Regency style of Kennaway House and it was quilted on long-arm quilting machines using Vickie Malaski's Oriental Flower pattern.
Leslie said the quilt measures 230 centimetres square - big enough for a double bed.
Tickets are �2 each, available until December from Kennaway House. The draw will take place there on Thursday, December 10.