Quiz fun nets �800 for Sidmouth Gig Club boat bid
QUIZ winners hooked themselves a haul of fish at a recent Sidmouth Gig Club event that raised �800 towards a new boat.
QUIZ winners hooked themselves a huge haul of fish at a recent Sidmouth Gig Club event that netted �800 towards a new boat.
Triumphant team ‘The Salcombe Regis Rogues’, led by Richard Huntington, landed the top prize- donated by Sidmouth Trawlers.
The theme of the evening was everything green - both in colour and the environment.
Runner-up prizes included cauliflowers and apples accordingly.
“The close run quiz was neck and neck all evening for the honour and award of the Challenge Cup,” said organiser Val Huntington.
She thanked Harrison Lavers and Potburys for sponsoring the supper cooked by Graham from The Blue Ball with contributions from Winchesters and Vinnicombes. Delderfields, Potburys, Bridge Wines, Woolbrook Laundryand Sweet Temptations all kindly donated raffle prizes.
- 1 Delays on Sidmouth road for Devon County Show
- 2 Man in court accused of torching Ottery woman's car
- 3 Help clean up Sidmouth as In Bloom judges' visit approaches
- 4 Play abour real life leaves audience filled with feel good laughter
- 5 Folk Festival gears up to bring Sidmouth to life with music
- 6 Otter Valley councillor welcomes inquiry into sewage discharges into rivers
- 7 Part of Donkey Sanctuary closed due to respiratory infection
- 8 Injured pedestrian helped by lifeboat and lifeguard teams
- 9 Circus proposed for Sidmouth next year
- 10 Church flower festival flourishes again after two 'lost' years
Further donations of a selection of gardening goodies from Sidmouth Garden Centre and a telephone from Ford’s were auctioned during the evening and both generously bought by Richard and Katherine Brown.
A total of �800 was raised towards funding a second boat.
The gig club’s next social evening is a popular evening cruise up the River Exe on June 25.