Quiz fun nets �800 for Sidmouth Gig Club boat bid
QUIZ winners hooked themselves a haul of fish at a recent Sidmouth Gig Club event that raised �800 towards a new boat.
QUIZ winners hooked themselves a huge haul of fish at a recent Sidmouth Gig Club event that netted �800 towards a new boat.
Triumphant team ‘The Salcombe Regis Rogues’, led by Richard Huntington, landed the top prize- donated by Sidmouth Trawlers.
The theme of the evening was everything green - both in colour and the environment.
Runner-up prizes included cauliflowers and apples accordingly.
You may also want to watch:
“The close run quiz was neck and neck all evening for the honour and award of the Challenge Cup,” said organiser Val Huntington.
She thanked Harrison Lavers and Potburys for sponsoring the supper cooked by Graham from The Blue Ball with contributions from Winchesters and Vinnicombes. Delderfields, Potburys, Bridge Wines, Woolbrook Laundryand Sweet Temptations all kindly donated raffle prizes.
- 1 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 2 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 3 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 6 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 7 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 8 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 9 Property of the Week: Green Gables
- 10 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home
Further donations of a selection of gardening goodies from Sidmouth Garden Centre and a telephone from Ford’s were auctioned during the evening and both generously bought by Richard and Katherine Brown.
A total of �800 was raised towards funding a second boat.
The gig club’s next social evening is a popular evening cruise up the River Exe on June 25.