Radio listener Hillary meets favourite presenter Jeremy Vine
- Credit: Archant
The television and radio broadcaster posed for a selfie with the 92-year-old from Tipton St John.
A radio listener from Tipton St John had her dreams come true after meeting her favourite presenter.
Hillary Wright met Jeremy Vine when he opened the Tipton St John Playing Field’s 50th anniversary fayre.
The television presenter posed for a selfie with the 92-year-old.
Hillary said: “it was an absolute delight to meet Jeremy, he’s been a favourite of mine for such a long time and it was lovely to speak to him. We’re all hoping he can come and visit our home to see why we all love it there so much.”
You may also want to watch:
The avid listener is a resident at the former Angela Court nursing home which has recently changed names to Sundial Nursing Home.
Manager Lorraine Morroy said the presenter had made Hillary’s year.
- 1 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 4 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 5 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 6 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 7 Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Devon success stories
- 8 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 9 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 10 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
She added: “She loved it, it was a dream to meet him. She talks about him all the time and she has always wanted to meet him.
“He took the time to come and meet Hillary and it meant so much to her. It made her year.
The home hopes the presenter will return to the village to officially open its new first floor.