Raiders after alcohol smash shop window
- Credit: Archant
Raiders smashed the door of McColls on Fore Street overnight and broke in to steal alcohol.
Alcoholic drinks worth about £20 were stolen during the burglary, which happened at about 2am on Sunday.
Police were alerted by a neighbour after the alarm at the convenience store in Sidmouth’s main shopping centre went off.
A group of people in the streets were stopped by police and a suspect was identified.
Further investigations are being carried out.
You may also want to watch:
No one at the shop would comment on the incident, although the door has been boarded up.
A spokesman for McColls said: “We are working closely with the relevant authorities in response to this incident.”
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 8 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 9 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 10 Lockdown has shown the importance of nature and the need for us to nurture each other
Sergeant Andy Squires, said: “If anybody has seen any suspicious behaviour between 2am and 4am on Sunday morning they should get in touch.”
Members of the public with any information are urged to call 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org