Raiders after alcohol smash shop window
- Credit: Archant
Raiders smashed the door of McColls on Fore Street overnight and broke in to steal alcohol.
Alcoholic drinks worth about £20 were stolen during the burglary, which happened at about 2am on Sunday.
Police were alerted by a neighbour after the alarm at the convenience store in Sidmouth’s main shopping centre went off.
A group of people in the streets were stopped by police and a suspect was identified.
Further investigations are being carried out.
You may also want to watch:
No one at the shop would comment on the incident, although the door has been boarded up.
A spokesman for McColls said: “We are working closely with the relevant authorities in response to this incident.”
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
Sergeant Andy Squires, said: “If anybody has seen any suspicious behaviour between 2am and 4am on Sunday morning they should get in touch.”
Members of the public with any information are urged to call 101 or email email@example.com