Beautiful day draws the crowds to Ottery’s summer fair
- Credit: Archant
There was fun in the sun as the community turned out to enjoy a family day out at Ottery Parish Church’s annual summer fair.
Organisers arranged a packed day of events and stalls in the surroundings of the stunning Cadhay House and gardens.
The entertainment included a birds of prey display and musical performances. Visitors also got to enjoy tours of the Tudor house, browsing a range of stalls, Devonshire cream teas and the much-anticipated grand draw.
All profits from the day went towards the upkeep of the church.
The Reverend Stephen Weston said: “We had a really good day and that made it worth it.
You may also want to watch:
“It is such a beautiful setting it draws people in to come and see.
“The steel band were fantastic.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 8 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 9 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
Michael Moore, chairman of the fair committee, said: “It went very well, we were blessed with a nice day.
“It was very successful and there were a lot of people there which is more important to making money.”