Rallying call is issued to brewers, bakers and devourers
- Credit: Archant
Residents across the Sid Valley are being asked to put the kettle on and raise money for the Admiral Nurse Campaign as part of a national initiative.
Time for a Cuppa is a scheme organised by Dementia UK, which currently provides 162 specialists across the country to help those living with dementia and their families.
The charity’s aim is to increase the number of Admiral Nurses to 200 by the end of the year.
Since May last year, the Sid Valley Memory Cafe has worked in partnership with the Herald to attempt to raise £100,000 to secure the area its own dementia specialist.
Rachel Johnstone, memory cafe chairman, is asking as many residents as possible to hold a tea party during the week-long event, which runs from Tuesday, March 1, to Tuesday, March 8.
You may also want to watch:
Rachel, who is business development officer for Dementia UK, said: “We’re rallying up brewers, bakers and devourers to take part in our Time for a Cuppa tea party to raise awareness and funds for Dementia UK.
“The charity works hand-in-hand with families, helping them cope with the fear, uncertainty and difficult everyday reality of dementia.”
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
Dementia UK is the only charity in the country to offer specialist one-to-one support and expert advice to people living with dementia.
Sarah Austin, community fundraising manager at Dementia UK, said: “In providing the compassionate, expert support families need every step of the way, we help them to live more positively with dementia in the present, and to face the challenges of tomorrow with more confidence. Our approach gives families who are living with dementia a better quality of life through specialist advice, care and support.”
To receive a fundraising pack, visit email@example.com
Are you holding a tea party to help the Admiral Nurse Campaign? Let us know by calling 01392 888511.