Rare fox spotted in Sidmouth and other news
A 98-year-old Sidmouth pensioner was stunned when she spotted a rare albino fox in the middle of the night. Read this and more.
CHARITY FASHION FEST: Sidmouth’s M&Co store will host a fashion show to launch its autumn and winter collection and boost Macmillan Cancer Support next Friday, October 5.
The event will take place at Sidmouth Conservative Club in Radway at 7pm.
Tickets (�7) include a glass of wine and nibbles and can be purchased from Coles newsagents in High Street or M&Co.
Many Sidmouth residents will be modelling the clothes.
You may also want to watch:
Ticket sales will raise funds for Macmillan.
A goodie bag will be given to everyone on the evening and a raffle will take place.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 Month of the dead is a time to remember loved ones
- 6 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 7 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 8 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 9 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 10 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
Contact Joyce Burnham for more information on 01395 519017.
RARE FOX SPOTTED: A 98-year-old Sidmouth pensioner was stunned when she spotted a rare albino fox in the middle of the night.
Abbeyfield resident Marjorie Hodnett got a glimpse of the all-white creature in Station Road at 3am earlier this month. Marjorie often observes foxes from her window but couldn’t believe her eyes at the mysterious animal that appeared. “It was white from top to bottom. I’ve never seen one like that before in my 98 years,” she said.