Rare fox spotted in Sidmouth and other news
A 98-year-old Sidmouth pensioner was stunned when she spotted a rare albino fox in the middle of the night. Read this and more.
CHARITY FASHION FEST: Sidmouth’s M&Co store will host a fashion show to launch its autumn and winter collection and boost Macmillan Cancer Support next Friday, October 5.
The event will take place at Sidmouth Conservative Club in Radway at 7pm.
Tickets (�7) include a glass of wine and nibbles and can be purchased from Coles newsagents in High Street or M&Co.
Many Sidmouth residents will be modelling the clothes.
You may also want to watch:
Ticket sales will raise funds for Macmillan.
A goodie bag will be given to everyone on the evening and a raffle will take place.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 5 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 6 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 7 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 10 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
Contact Joyce Burnham for more information on 01395 519017.
RARE FOX SPOTTED: A 98-year-old Sidmouth pensioner was stunned when she spotted a rare albino fox in the middle of the night.
Abbeyfield resident Marjorie Hodnett got a glimpse of the all-white creature in Station Road at 3am earlier this month. Marjorie often observes foxes from her window but couldn’t believe her eyes at the mysterious animal that appeared. “It was white from top to bottom. I’ve never seen one like that before in my 98 years,” she said.