Rave reviews rank The Belmont among UK’s top 20 hotels
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth seafront hotel has been rated alongside the best lodgings in the country - landing a prestigious prize from the world’s top travel website.
The Belmont Hotel has been ranked 20th out of 25 in the UK category of the TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice awards.
The accolade is based on reviews posted on the site by guests - and places The Belmont alongside well-known five-star establishments including the Covent Garden Hotel and The Chesterfield, in Mayfair.
Brend Hotels, owner of The Belmont, is also up for a separate award from a family business magazine.
The company has been shortlisted for the Family Business United’s ‘South and South West Family Business of the Year Award 2016’.
You may also want to watch:
Brend Hotels is up against 12 other businesses from the region, with the winner decided at a ceremony in June.
John Brend, managing director, said: “Congratulations to The Belmont Hotel and all the staff.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
“We are very proud of this achievement and on behalf of the Brend Family, would like to extend our thanks to everyone at The Belmont for making this possible.”