Rave reviews rank The Belmont among UK’s top 20 hotels
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth seafront hotel has been rated alongside the best lodgings in the country - landing a prestigious prize from the world’s top travel website.
The Belmont Hotel has been ranked 20th out of 25 in the UK category of the TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice awards.
The accolade is based on reviews posted on the site by guests - and places The Belmont alongside well-known five-star establishments including the Covent Garden Hotel and The Chesterfield, in Mayfair.
Brend Hotels, owner of The Belmont, is also up for a separate award from a family business magazine.
The company has been shortlisted for the Family Business United’s ‘South and South West Family Business of the Year Award 2016’.
You may also want to watch:
Brend Hotels is up against 12 other businesses from the region, with the winner decided at a ceremony in June.
John Brend, managing director, said: “Congratulations to The Belmont Hotel and all the staff.
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 5 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 6 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 7 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 8 Dragon Patchers will continue to keep Devon's potholes filled
- 9 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 10 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
“We are very proud of this achievement and on behalf of the Brend Family, would like to extend our thanks to everyone at The Belmont for making this possible.”